8.09.2005

something that strikes me as wonderful lately is the way that our entire lives mold around our wonderful son.

As I approach my first day back at work tomorrow, I won't lie. I have the mommy guilt.

I am leaving my baby. I am leaving and I feel even more guilty that I feel excited to have some "time to myself". This is the catch 22 of parenthood.



But as I pick up the house tonight, go in to look at our little man about a hundred times just for the joy of it, I am smiling at the way that Augie changes who we are in such neat and subtle ways.

Everywhere in our house, our cars, our lives there are "pieces of Augie". His shampoo, his paci, his little comb, his sippy cup by our big cups, his rice cereal by our coffee beans

I even found 2 pacifiers in my desk drawer at school.

You might not think it, but I love these little relics. They are wonderful love notes reminding me what a blessing it is to have our little invader.


The color of his world that gets to be our world now.











One day I might even learn to love baby Einstein videos... Although I doubt it.
Today, though, as he squawked delight at the screen filled with puppets and I wrote lesson plans, think I felt more happiness than I can remember

ever.







I love you Aug.



Mommy

1 comment:

Christine said...

Very touching, Kel.