6.07.2006

We are getting so excited for Becket. Finally, I think he feels real! Not just the kicks or the indigestion either. I can really imagine Augie playing with him, them teaching eachother things, Picking on eachother, playing t-ball. Since Becket doesn't get near the attention Augie does, I included some "pictures of him" at Jeff's 30th Birthday party.


Jeff asked me the other day if we just had 2 boys would I be okay not having a girl, and I would. There is a part of me that will long to play dress up, and some of the pretend games that the boys probably just won't play. There is another part of me that knows I would definately have much more heated and fighty moments with a daughter. If we go for 3, I will be glad to have either. A girl to play with, or another boy to tower over me. There is something really neat about thinking that these boys will be protective of me some day... like my brother was (and, frankly is) with me and my mom. I also prefer dirt to make-up... oh and not having to worry quite so much on dates.

On the dad side, it may not get much better for dirty, stinky, rough-housing men like Jeff than to have all these boys. I know he will love any baby, but is secretly glad to have all boys.

I have noticed one interesting reaction, the more boys that surrond me (husbands, sons, cats and roomates) the more pink I wear. Let Freud wrestle with that one.

So- with 3 months left to go- bring on the boys!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: