12.11.2005



I am sure I have said something like this before, but every few days I am more sure that you cannot fully appreciate being human without having a child.

The process of learning is phenominal. How quickly Augie learns things. Here, he is standing on a book that he pulled over to the table for that express purpose. Some how, even at 10 months, he pulls the big and heavy ones down slowly so he doesn't hit his head. I always want to call our friends Mark and Curtis to tell them about all his natural climbing and balancing skills. His logic, his problem solving deduction... just like a real mountain climber.

And, surely, another part of the joy that we get is his delight in pulling books off shelves and rearranging toys. I guess I just think, how much we take for granted. It is almost impossible for me to remeber the days he couldn't crawl, control his arms or manipulate his world. Soon I won't remember when he couldn't talk or draw... although I have a feeling I will always remeber the toxic diapers ...

No comments: