8.25.2005



just about everynight I get into bed and say to Jeff...

" I think that I love Augie more today, I really do. I feel differently. I didn't think that I could enjoy him more and, yet, today I actually feel really strongly that I have grown in my ability to love him."

And Jeff usually says "me too"

How does this happen? How does our love multiply? How are we given the strength to continually care for this needy little one and --- AMAZINGLY--- enjoy it more? Even when he needs us more, and wiggles more, and cries more? He communicates and wants and DEMANDS and I love him more.

I feel so grateful that God gave us a taste of what it is like to adore creation. I am so glad it is found in this sweaty, teary, loud, wonderful six-month-old. The funny thing is, this is not even a list of complaints, it is a list of delights. Is it strange to say that I even love to hear him cry? Is it because I know that he needs us and that is the best feeling in the world? or because God gave us the maturity to respect Aug's only form of communication?

I even want to quickly end this entry, and go spy on his sleep...

kel

No comments: